Thursday, August 5, 2010

Chocolate Crinkle Cookie


 In the world of gluten free blogs, the Baking Beauties is one of my favorites. It has amazing recipes, great pictures, and pithy advice. I adapted this recipe a bit from the original post, just for convenience since I didn't feel like making the flour mix, and it came out great. As delicious as it looks.(http://www.thebakingbeauties.com/)
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Servings: 50
Yield: 1 batch

Notes: I adapted this recipe from a Baking Beauties Blog recipe that used a rice flour mix, but it seemed silly to make a mix for one recipe, and keep it on hand, so I mutliplied the recipe by 1.5 to equal the mix, and just incorporated the flours into the recipe... I know that doesn't make sense, but I apologize for some of the odd measurements, just keep close and you should be all set, this recipe is very forgiving.
Also, I'm not sure on the serving size, I know it made a lot of cookies, but I forgot to count them. Filled a one gallon bag to the brim, and this was after everyone had tried a few.

  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 6 unsweetened baking chocolate squares, melted (or 6 tbs cocoa mixed with 18 tbs melted margarine)
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 4 1/2 each eggs (I used 1/8 cup of dads fake egg mix for the half and egg)
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 cups rice flour
  • 2/3 cup potato starch
  • 1/3 cup tapioca flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 3/8 teaspoon salt (guestimated, and it turned out all right)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • confectioner's sugar (I needed a lot)

  1. Mix oil, chocolate, and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each. Add vanilla.
  2. Sift dry ingredients together. Stir into chocolate mixture. Chill SEVERAL HOURS or overnight.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Form dough into balls and roll in confectioner's sugar to coat.
  4. Place about 2" apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake about 10-14 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. very dangerous. Do not eat - send them all to me!!!

    ReplyDelete