Ditch the Wheat. They were a huge hit! Soft, chocolatey and satisfying, most people compared them to brownie bites. I only meant to use them as an emergency measure, but they have become a favorite already :)
Double Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Cookies
Ingredients1/3 cup palm shortening
2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp coconut flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a mixing machine, mix together coconut oil and coconut palm sugar. *You can cream it together and it will result in a lighter more cake like texture.
- Slowly add one egg at a time to the mixture.
- Add vanilla, coconut flour cocoa powder and mix until incorporated.
- Add baking soda and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Lastly stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop the cookies by tablespoonfuls onto the cookie sheet with at least 2 inches apart. *These cookies spread out very thin and almost double in size.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to cool.
To get a crispy cookie you must either - freeze the cookie after it has cooled and keep it frozen or When you are placing the batter on the trays use only a tiny bit to make a mini cookie. Bake at the same temperature and for 12 minutes.
Adapted from Carol Lovett's blog, Ditch the Wheat